The eye prosthesis – Process
Glass eye prosthesis supply process
- Visit your eye specialist regularly. He will examine your eye socket and provide you with a prescription for an eye prosthesis.
- Arrange an appointment with us for your treatment 2-3 weeks in advance.
- Before the treatment, it should be made clear who will bear the costs. I have authorisations for all cost assumers such as statutory health insurance schemes, professional associations and orthopaedic supply centres. The German GKV (Statutory Health Insurance, SHI) assumes the total costs except for an extra payment of 10,- EUR (as long as you are not exempt or under 18 years of age).
Orthopaedic supply centres and private health insurance companies assume 100% of the costs.
- The eye prosthesis is individually adjusted in your presence. It takes approximately 1-2 hours to make it.
- After trying the prosthesis on, receiving instructions about how to use it and clearing any open questions, you can take your prosthesis with you.